Friday, August 7, 2009

Its Fair Time


Welcome.......Around these parts its Fair time.......that's a big deal......and everyone is getting their projects ready. I was in 4-H for 8 years (cooking). One year I was selected to cook - off at the local fair in breakfast foods. I was around 11 or 12 years old. I remember being so nervous up on stage that I couldn't think straight. I made a breakfast of scrambled eggs,sausage, peaches with blueberries and hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. I was competing against girls alot older and they were making yeast cinnamon rolls, bread etc. and I won.......I couldn't believe it I was excited but I was so glad I wasn't old enough to go to state to compete because I know I would of been to nervous. LOl I am taking my little grand baby to the fair on Wednesday, I think she will love it, shes 9 months and can moo like a cow so she's already into that fair scene....Sorry I've tried to up load some pictures but i just don't know why they won't go?????Very frustrating!!!!

Until Next time..........kim

1 comment:

  1. I just love your blog and your home! welcome to blog world; cant wait to hear more from you! Merrie

    ReplyDelete