Friday, July 24, 2009

Auctions

I love going to auctions...Last night I went to a small auction and was kind of interested in a pie safe they had advertised. It was advertised as rough conditions , but you know rough conditions may not mean the same to the next person so I went to check it out. Oh Yea it was rough condition. The bottom back was missing its legs so it had a lean to it, I knew that it would have taken alot of work to recreate the legs. So I decided to pass on it but I did purchase a old metal double wash tubs for $2.00. Then I got to thinking about how I was going to lug them to the truck? I was just going to put them out back and plant flowers in them . So I went home to ask the muscles of the house if he wanted to go back with me to load them. He said he would ,so off we went. When we got back to the place the wash tubs were already loaded on some one elses trailer. I asked a lady if she minded if I took my wash tubs back she said Oh I just love them but I thought someone had just left them. She wanted to buy them from me, so I sold them to her for $5.00 you know gas money and all. lol The picture below is a sellers cupboard (not the brand just the style)

that I got years ago that was setting along side the curb in the pouring down rain. The bakers cupboard had three coats of white and or cream colored paint. I stripped the paint and stained it a walnut color. So the moral of the story is another man's junk maybe my treasure. until next time....kim

No comments:

Post a Comment